Tuesday 25 November 2008

The sad part about getting older is...


...You can't wear clothes with years printed on them without thinking thoughts like '1987? Sh*t that's 5 years after I was born!'.

Sorry about the minor hiatus from blogging. I can't think of anything I want to write about that can't wait, and in the meantime I'm trying to get used to the idea that I am now on the other side of 25.
Thankfully, the recession means that I can keep any talks of an arranged marriage at bay by saying that I can't think about it because I'm worried I might lose my job. That's not really true, but it's just scary enough to keep my mom quiet.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hello hello.

    I think I forgot to do the facebook wishes... a very belated happy birthday!

    Is your family really into the arranged marriage thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks and all for the wishes.
    Yeah I have had a few relatives calling in the last week ostensibly to wish me and then trying to casually bring up the topic of marriage.
    I think the prevailing wisdom seems to be that Mallu Catholic men hit puberty only when they're about 25 - before that they're mostly treated as 12-year olds, and after that it becomes essential to get them married off before they realize that they might actually prefer spending the rest of their lives with non-Mallu women, men or even *gasp* Pentecostals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Pentecostals are the worst eh?

    It's amusing how the different denominations look at each other. My cousin recently married a Catholic, and all of my (Mar Thoma and Orthodox) relations were making fun of the service.

    ReplyDelete